Ants are known for their rather remarkable, although annoying, talents. Ants might be quite strong, with the ability to lift up to fifty times their body weight, but there is little concern that your basket full of fruit will go missing anytime soon. Or is there?
It’s a bright, sunny day and you go into the kitchen to grab a cold drink. Suddenly, you see a black line slinking across your floor or your wall, heading directly for a basket of strawberries you just brought home from the store. A berry must have been a tiny bit overripe, flashing the “ant signal” that a feast is waiting for them. First, they send in a few trackers to see where this delicious treat is. In no time you have an infestation of happy-go-lucky, strawberry munching ants swarming your countertops. You are scrambling to figure out how to stop ants. You grab for the bug spray, but it’s too late. The basket of strawberries never knew what hit it. Sadly, strawberries aren’t the only treat ants enjoy.
Other Items Ants Will Go After:
- Candies or sweets
- Pet Food
- Honey or Syrup
Where Ants Call Home
Ants don’t just live in nests underground. They can make their nests just about anywhere. They’ve been known to homestead in some rather unusual places, some you’d never think to look… like an answering machine.
- They also can burrow into your walls.
- Into the attic
- Keep in mind, if you see ants in your bathroom from time to time, it’s because they’re looking for water.
- Anywhere that provides enough warmth to help incubate the next generation of strawberry-snatchers.
- Keeping sweets and other items in airtight containers will help from attracting ants.
- Cleaning the countertops with bleach or other disinfectants help, but don’t leave any wet towels or cloths lying around.
- Wet cloths can attract ants, especially if you live in a dry environment, like the desert.
If you’ve taken precautions to prevent an ant infestation and it’s still just not quite working, contact AIPM. We can eliminate the threats to your property while setting up a custom plan to ensure that you never have to face the same type of ant infestation again.
Looking for more information? Visit our website myaipm.com to learn more about our solutions and learning center. Follow us here on Facebook for updates and announcements. If you would like a free evaluation as to the likeliness of insects invading your home, please call or email AIPM at 888-344-6567 or HappytoHelp@myaipm.com.